26-yo star told not to return to training this week as United hold talks to agree big-money transfer – report

Ruben Amorim and his players returned to Carrington on Monday morning ahead of Manchester United’s pre-season tour.

However, only two summer signings, Matheus Cunha and Diego Leon, were part of the group on the back of a disastrous Premier League campaign. 

It has been more than a month since United convinced Bryan Mbeumo to turn down several Champions League clubs in favour of a move to Old Trafford.

Manchester United struggle to agree Bryan Mbeumo fee

Since then, the Red Devils have made little progress in their attempts to secure his services.

Brentford have rejected United’s two offers for the 25-year-old and are understood to be demanding “well in excess of £60m for the forward up front.”

The Premier League giants are expected to return with an improved bid but the slow progress of the deal has reportedly left Brentford frustrated.

The situation has also left the Cameroon international in limbo ahead of the new campaign. 

Bryan Mbeumo yet to return to Brentford training

According to Standard journalist Sam Tabuteau, Mbeumo was anticipated to report back to first-team training this Monday, as he wasn’t on international duty with Cameroon for their matches against Uganda and Equatorial Guinea in June.

However, the Bees have told Mbeumo that “he won’t have to report until next Monday.”

Tabuteau did not underline the reason behind Brentford’s decision but it is not far-fetched to assume this development may be influenced by United’s pursuit of Mbeumo. All parties appear keen to resolve his future swiftly.

As per the Mirror, United are confident they can find an agreement with Brentford and are “hopeful” of adding Mbeumo to their ranks “within the next week.”

The right-winger, who is also capable of playing as a centre-forward, scored 20 goals in the Premier League last term. His arrival would greatly strengthen United’s toothless attack.

Featured image Richard Heathcote via Getty Images


Follow us on Bluesky: @peoplesperson.bsky.social

Vishal has worked in the football media industry for over six years, planning, writing, and editing content for several major outlets. Currently a writer at The Peoples Person, he covers Manchester United — a club he has been religiously following and supporting since 2012. Big fan of ball-playing centre-backs and Harry Maguire’s knee-slide celebration!

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

Fernandes looking to the next one

Sponsor Image - white adidas Sponsor Image - white Snapdragon News MUTV Tickets United Store Membership Teams Club Related Content You might also like Why Amad was absent for the opener News 10 hours ago Why Amad was absent for the opener Why Amad was absent for the opener News 10 hours ago Why Amad

Carrick: Hull defeat won’t change our course

Sponsor Image - white adidas Sponsor Image - white Snapdragon News MUTV Tickets United Store Membership Teams Club A million reasons, one United Our 2026/27 third kit A tribute to our community Get yours at United Store Get yours at United Store Related Content You might also like Hull City 2 Manchester United 0 Match

Hull City 2 Manchester United 0

Manchester United's Premier League season got off to a deflating start, with a 2-0 defeat at Hull City.

Carrick: We can be better and will be better

Sponsor Image - white adidas Sponsor Image - white Snapdragon News MUTV Tickets United Store Membership Teams Club United in blue: Always iconic Away kit It's turning heads already Get yours at United Store Get yours at United Store New range Tiro trainingwear lines Available at United Store Shop now Shop now Related Content You

Key Stats from Hull v United

Sponsor Image - white adidas Sponsor Image - white Snapdragon News MUTV Tickets United Store Membership Teams Club Related Content You might also like Carrick: We can be better and will be better News 8 hours ago Carrick: We can be better and will be better Carrick: We can be better and will be better
spot_imgspot_img