19.5 C
Manchester
27 C
Ottawa
Monday, July 15, 2024

Report: Manchester United will bid again for Ineos’ top target, first offer was £27m off the asking price

- Advertisement -

The transfer window only opened on Friday and already Manchester United appear to be moving in the correct direction.

Ineos will want to get this summer transfer window started quickly and make up for lost time after taking an age over the Erik ten Hag decision.

This already seems to be the case with definitive positions being focussed on, while bids have been sent in for two of the top priorities.

Of the priority positions, centre-half appears to be the most desired and for good reason after a poor season defensively and the exit of Raphael Varane and possibly Jonny Evans leaving Manchester United short.

But now the Old Trafford chiefs are expected to submit a second bid for arguably the player Ineos want most this summer.

  • READ MORE: Manchester United confirmed signings, transfers in, out, loan exits, releases for 2024/25

Jarrad Branthwaite of England poses for a photo with his Legacy Cap, after making his England debut against Bosnia & Herzegovina, at Spurs Lodg...

Photo by Eddie Keogh – The FA/The FA via Getty Images

Manchester United to improve Jarrad Branthwaite offer

Coming into the summer Jarrad Branthwaite always seemed a likely target for Ineos and Manchester United and over the past week, they’ve made good on this and agreed personal terms while a first bid has been submitted.

  • READ MORE: Who is Jarrad Branthwaite? Get to know the £70m Everton star linked with Manchester United transfer

Earlier in the week, United are said to have seen a £35 million + £8m bid for Branthwaite rejected, with this seeing United £27m off Everton’s valuation of their prized asset.

But given he’s a top target this summer, a second bid is already being discussed as according to a report by The Mirror, an improved offer is now expected.

United consider Everton’s £70m valuation over the odds for the 21-year-old and United have no intention of matching this figure, believing they are the only club interested in Branthwaite.

If an agreement isn’t struck on what the report describes as ‘realistic terms’, United will walk away from the deal and have told Everton this in an attempt to force their hand, with the Toffees needing to sell someone before June 30th.

  • READ: 30 questions on Manchester United’s 2024 summer transfer window

Ineos are in a standoff with Everton that surely only ends one way

With a second bid unlikely to surpass £60m in total including add-ons, chances are Everton reject this and wait for a third bid to go closer to £70m.

But this is unlikely to work for a few different reasons. Firstly, Everton’s financial situation means they need a big sale before June 30th to ensure they don’t face any PSR breaches.

Along with this, United aren’t having their transfers negotiated by the same people who would have previously overpaid and will be desperate to prove this during the summer by being stubborn.

Ineos won’t want to overpay and risk doing what Sir Jim Ratcliffe has slammed the previous decision-makers for doing.

With Everton needing to sell, and United likely to hold out for Everton’s need to grow, we reckon United get it done for between £55m and £60m, which is a decent fee for both clubs.

Related Topics

Related Articles

spot_img

Latest Articles