Manchester United fans are waiting to see Raphael Varane officially unveiled and then join the first team for training.
For now he is stuck in quarantine before he can undergo his medical.
Varane is not keen to be cooped up inside, and has been pictured in his back garden of his new accommodation in Manchester kicking a ball around.
This is the first glimpse of Varane kicking a ball around as a Manchester United player, so we will take it.
The big transfer for the four-times Champions League winner is almost complete. Varane should join training in the middle of next week.
Speaking to the club website, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Saturday: “the medical with Raphael has to be doneHe’s isolating at the moment, he had to wait for visas.
“So unfortunately that took a few more days than expected but we’re gonna follow the protocols and the rules so it’s took a few more days than we hoped for.”
Jadon Sancho is expected to start training on Monday and both players could be in the squad to face Leeds next Saturday.
Solskjaer added: “We still need some more fitness. Hopefully, we’ll get Raphael and Jadon in with the group.”
- Photos: Raphael Varane training in quarantine in his back garden in Manchester
- Tahith Chong earns rave reviews from Birmingham fans after debut performance
- Manchester United fans hail Eric Ramsay after set piece success v Everton
- Anthony Martial sends message to Manchester United fans after win v Everton
- Solskjaer gives injury update on Martial and McTominay
- Fernandes sends message to Sancho after United thrash Everton
- United’s three best players in 4-0 win over Everton
- Solskjaer offers update on Varane and Sancho after United thrash Everton
- Manchester United fans react to Diogo Dalot’s performance
- Five things we learned as Manchester United beat Everton 4-0
- Sancho reacts to stunning Fernandes free kick against Everton
- Jesse Lingard sends message after positive test rules him out of United’s clash with Everton
Have something to tell us about this article?