Manchester United’s Champions League group stage opponents for the coming season have been confirmed.
Group F: Manchester United, Villarreal, Atalanta, Young Boys
United have been drawn up against last season’s Europa League final opponents Villarreal.
Objectively it could have been worse. Villarreal are one of the weakest Pot 1 teams and United could have faced Bayern.
But even so, Villarreal will be tough to beat and the games will be an unpleasant reminder of last season’s final defeat.
Serie A side Atalanta will be a tricky opponent. Amad’s former club are an entertaining, attacking side, who reached the quarter-finals two seasons ago.
Swiss champions Young Boys make up the group. They were in United’s group in 2019 under Jose Mourinho.
The first group stage games will be played on the week of September 14/15.
Last year United drew PSG, RB Leipzig, and Istanbul Basaksehir.
One other notable group draw from this year’s competition was City landing in the same group as PSG, along with RB Leipzig.
- Wayne Rooney reacts to Cristiano Ronaldo to City reports
- Solskjaer has a really dim view of players who swapped United for City
- Manchester United’s confirmed Champions League group opponents
- Southgate explains why he did not select Mason Greenwood in England squad
- How long Scott McTominay is expected to be out for
- Andreas Pereira warned he may not be a starter on loan at Flamengo
- McTominay sends message to United fans after undergoing surgery
- Best and worst case scenarios for Manchester United in Champions League draw
- Eduardo Camavinga travels with Rennes for play-off despite last game claims
- Robbie Savage praises son Charlie after under-23 performance
- Photos: Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane look happy in training pictures
- Manchester United too wasteful to plead no wage money for Saul Niguez
- Cristiano Ronaldo will forever tarnish his Manchester United legacy if he joins Manchester City
- Manchester United face West Ham double header after Carabao Cup draw
- James Garner gets a reality check upon Nottingham Forest return
Have something to tell us about this article?