19.9 C
Manchester
18 C
Ottawa
Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Man United duo linked with Saudi moves ahead of summer transfer window

- Advertisement -

Man United are set for a summer of change when the transfer window opens up in June. 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe is conducting an overhaul of the club’s football operations after buying a minority stake in the Red Devils through his petrochemicals company INEOS.

Last month it was reported that the British billionaire and his recruitment staff are open to selling all but three members of the first-team squad.

Very few of them have done themselves any credit with their recent performances in the Premier League, meaning we should be seeing a lot of players leaving Old Trafford in the coming months.

Latest Man United transfer news

One of them could be Bruno Fernandes, who is generating “huge interest” from clubs in the Saudi Pro League, according to The Telegraph, although such a move is deemed “unlikely”.

The Portuguese playmaker has been Man United‘s best player since moving from Sporting in 2020, but with the player turning 30 this year the club may assess whether or not he will be part of the team’s future.

Erik ten Hag believes Fernandes, who is under contract until 2026 with the option of an additional year, will “definitely” see out the remainder of his deal. “He is Manchester United and I think he is very happy to be here,” the Dutchman said last week.

Saudi clubs are also said to be “pushing to sign” Casemiro, who has come under increasing scrutiny for his displays this season.

The Brazilian’s representatives have already “held talks” with Saudi Pro League sides and is being heavily linked with Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr. Man United would prefer a deal to be done early on in the transfer window, but will not “push” him out the door.

The 32-year-old was widely criticised for his recent outings against Crystal Palace and Arsenal, where he played as a makeshift centre-back amid an injury crisis at the club.

Meanwhile, Donny van de Beek will more than likely not be playing his football at the creaking Old Trafford next season following comments by his agent.

The Dutch midfielder will return to Man United when his loan spell at Eintracht Frankfurt ends, but Guido Albers is actively working to get him a move in the summer transfer window. Spain, Italy and France were named as potential destinations.

“Donny does not want to stay in the Premier League, also because United do not want that. That is not a good choice for him,” Albers told ESPN’s Goedemorgen Eredivisie.

Read – Rooney accuses Man United players of not wanting to play

See Also – The favourites to become the next Man United manager

Subscribe to our social channels:

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | TikTok

Related Articles

spot_img

Latest Articles