15.1 C
Manchester
18.1 C
Ottawa
Tuesday, July 23, 2024

“Chelsea And Manchester United Are Informed” – Romano Confirms Pursuit Of German Ace With £25M Buyout Clause

- Advertisement -

BACK David Tully Jun 24th 2024 Manchester United and Chelsea have both made enquiries about Hoffenheim striker Maximilian Beier, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano. Speaking on the United Stand YouTube channel, Romano said that the two Premier League clubs have “asked” about the German international but they have not yet decided on whether to table a bid: “Maximilian Beier is a player that Chelsea and Manchester United are informed about. Also, in this case, there is [a] close situation, it was already 10 days ago, both clubs asked for information about the player. But, as of now Monday [June 24th], they’ve still not decided what they want to do in terms of starting a concrete negotiation with the agents, triggering the clause.” The release clause is said to be just €30m (£25m) so Erik ten Hag’s side won’t have to spend a huge amount to sign the forward. What do fans need to know about Beier? The 21-year-old came through Hoffenheim’s youth system but he only really began to make a name for himself last season, after returning from a two-year loan spell at Hannover 96. Beier scored 16 goals in the Bundesliga, and he was handed his first cap at senior level by Germany in a friendly against Ukraine earlier this month. He made his second appearance as a substitute versus Switzerland on Sunday night. Are United targeting any other strikers? Romano and other journalists have said that the Red Devils are keen on Bologna’s Joshua Zirkzee. The Dutchman’s release clause is slightly higher than Beier’s at €40m (£34m). It is believed that no decision has been made on which forward to go after at the moment, with the club still contemplating how much money they want to devote to buying a new No.9. With Chelsea circling Beier and AC Milan keen on recruiting Zirkzee, United can’t really afford to wait that long to make their choice. Watch Football and Sport programmes on Shots! here David Tully David has worked as a football reporter for the last fifteen years. Having started as an intern at Snack Media, he then went on to become a freelancer, working on various different sites. At the start of 2023, he took up his current role as content writer for National World’s Football News Network.

Related Articles

spot_img

Latest Articles