3.3 C
Manchester
4.3 C
Ottawa
Friday, March 1, 2024

“A Move For Him Makes Sense” – Saha Backs United To Make Summer Swoop For Defender Following £40M Bid Rumours

- Advertisement -

BACK Ex-Manchester United striker Lous Saha says his former club should revive their interest in Everton’s Jarrad Branthwaite this summer. It was reported in the Italian media last week that the Red Devils had offered £40m for the 21-year-old. Although nothing came of those rumours, Saha told Betfred that the defender would still be a good addition to the squad: “He’s a talented defender that’s very aggressive and quick. I like his left foot and how he’s a tall player that can dominate in the air. I do believe his reading of the game needs improvement, but I do believe he can still improve and he has a lot of potential.” “I can understand why Manchester United are interested in signing him. There are other defenders at the club currently that can help Jarrad realise his potential and I do believe a move for him makes sense.” Branthwaite has been scouted regularly by United The England Under 21 international was first mentioned as a target for the Red Devils when he impressed during a loan spell at PSV Eindhoven last season. Since then, Erik ten Hag’s side have been regularly linked with Branthwaite. The club are known to be keen on signing a centre-half, with the likes of Benfica’s Antonio Silva, Nice’s Jean-Clair Todibo, Sporting Lisbon’s Goncalo Inacio and Bayer Leverkusen’s Edmond Tapsoba all being suggested as options, so reports that they are also looking at the Everton defender is not surprising. Other clubs are also pursuing Branthwaite Real Madrid are believed to be keeping tabs on the centre-back, with manager Carlo Ancelotti said to be a big fan of the player. Chelsea are another club that are rumoured to be interested. Nothing is expected to happen before the summer but United are likely to be in the mix if Branthwaite comes onto the market. David Tully David has worked as a football reporter for the last fifteen years. Having started as an intern at Snack Media, he then went on to become a freelancer, working on various different sites. At the start of 2023, he took up his current role as content writer for National World’s Football News Network.

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

spot_img

Latest Articles